Bond County Health Department is...
Certified Local Health Department
Licensed by State of Illinois
Illinois Rural Health Association
Illinois Homecare & Hospice Council
Home Care Across Illinois
Community Behavioral Healthcare Association
Health Care Provider Alliance of Illinois
Chamber of Commerce
National Hospice Organization
Illinois Association of Public Health Administration
National Association of County and City Health Officials
Illinois Public Health Association
American Dental Society
Health Dept Pages
- Main Index Page
- Home Health
- Environmental Health
- Food Scores
- West Nile Virus
- Birds & Bats
- Maternal Child Health
- Family Planning
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Program
- Tuberculosis Control
- Dental Program
- Prairie Counseling Center
- Emergency Planning
- Medical Reserve Corps
- Healthy Families of Illinois
- Health Education
- Tobacco Prevention & Cessation
- Smoke Free Illinois
- Illinois Public Act 97-609
- Board of Health Meeting Minutes
- Contact Us
24 Hour On-Call Availability
Admissions and care are available seven days a week. A registered nurse is on call 24 hours a day to provide admissions, offer advise over the phone and, if necessary, to make a home visit for current patients.
(618) 664-5020 1-800-272-9159
"The purpose of life is to serve and show others compassion and the will to help others.
Only then have we ourselves become true human beings."
- Albert Schweitzer
The Hospice Philosophy....
Hospice is a special kind of care designed to provide sensitivity and support for people in the final phase of a terminal illness. Hospice care seeks to enable patients to carry on an alert, pain-free life and to manage other symptoms so that their last days may be spent with dignity and quality at home or in a home-like setting.
- Provides compassionate, specialized care to terminally ill people and their loved one.
- Offers a team of physicians, nurses, social workers, spiritual counselors, home health aides and volunteers working together to provide individualized, compassionate care.
- In addition, we can provide the services of occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, and registered dietitian.
- Provides medically managed pain and symptom control.
- Offers support for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
- Relieves anxiety by providing information to the patient and family about what to expect as the illness progresses.
- Provides 24 hour a day access to the hospice team.
- Includes back-up inpatient hospitalization at contracting hospitals or skilled nursing facilities.
- Reducing financial stress on family.
- Provides special bereavement care to family and loved ones for up to 13 months.
Hospice Care Admission Criteria Includes:
- Consent of attending physician.
- Life expectancy of approximately 6 months or less and the goal of comfort care rather than cure.
- Residents in the geographic area are served by hospice which includes all of Bond, Madison, Clinton, Montgomery and Fayette Counties.
- The philosophy of allowing death to occur naturally without extraordinary interventions.
- Arrangements for a capable and willing caregiver to serve in the home.
Hospice Services Includes:
- A team of professionals trained in hospice care.
- Medication for pain relief and symptoms management.
- Personal care.
- Short-term inpatient care, including respite care available at Greenville Regional Hospital.
- Reimbursement may be made by Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance, with additional support through donations, memorials, and bequests.
Hospice provides compassionate support through physical, psychological, social, spiritual, emotional and physical care.
Hospice neither hastens nor postpones death.
It provides an environment of compassion so that the patient and their family may truly live until they die.
External Health Links